Welcome to Housatonic Anglers, LLC
Since 1993, Rob Nicholas (owner / head guide) has been guiding and teaching the sport of fly fishing to all skill levels from beginner to expert on both the Housatonic and Farmington rivers, as well as some lesser known, smaller streams. Rob has two boats: A ClackaCraft drift boat and an Aire Super Puma raft with frame and casting platforms. Water level will determine which boat is best for the day.
Some Quick Facts about Rob:
– The only "FULL TIME" guide on the Housatonic & the most experienced.
– Versatile & knowledgeable. Rob is a dry fly enthusiast who loves to nymph and streamer fish during non-hatch periods both on foot and from drift boats.
– Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructor since 1993.
– Patient, enthusiastic guiding style with over 30 years of fly fishing knowledge and experience here in the Northeast, The American West, New Zealand, Chile & Argentina.
– No hidden fees! Rob provides hand-tied leaders, flies, tippet material & even rods and waders at no extra charge.
– A passionate fly tyer with a variety of "GO TO" flies specifically designed for fishing the Housatonic and Farmington.
– Great working relationships with other local guides to accommodate group outings or to fill in when Rob is unavailable.
– Top notch equipment for use on all trips from Douglas, Orvis, Scott, Redington, Sage, Lamson and Ross.
If you are looking to hire a guide for the first time or as a veteran angler who simply wants to learn the secrets of the Housatonic or Farmington, look no further!
Late afternoon on the Housy. Dry fly Time!
For reservations or information please call or write to:
(860) 672 4457 - Cell: 860-387-3300
26 Bolton Hill Road
Cornwall, CT 06753